[FWDLK] Plymouth's days numbered / logo

 When I first started doing the article for Mopar Action magazine, around a
month and a half ago, the editor told me that the Plymouth name was once again
in danger, and that the Pentastar Chrysler logo was definitly going to be
discountinued.  It seems pretty bold to remove a logo that is so old and well
known <If it comes to pass>, but then again why would a German company want to
keep it when they are trying to change the image? Same goes for the Plymouth
name, Who wants to see it go, but then again the current line-up is very sad.
Times are changing, I think that the future may be in question, but the past
is defintely going to benifit in that Chrysler was an absolute bear when it
came to using logos and other copyrighted materials, I think the Germans will
let up some on that. It took years until Chrysler actually let someone use the
AMC name and logo. In 1996 the very first new AMC car was released by Johnny
Lighning who somehow signed a deal with Chrysler, then after the first
production run, Chrysler thru a fit and had them remove the AMC plates on the
little AMX's rear bumper. I think for all thier downfalls, the new Chrysler
will be much better for people like us.... If not, who cares, we still have
our big old American Mopars. One way or the other we are pretty much set.....

Josh
 <A HREF="http://www.shokstop.com/plymouth";>The 1955 Plymouth Page</A>