From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Noel Hastalis
Sent: 10. maj 2024 06:40
To: michael johnson; Chrysler 300 Club International
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Re: Tires for a 300F - additional comments #2 -

Sorry - Hit 'send' prematurely, again.

Hi Michael,

A couple thoughts on tires for your new 300-F -

The 300-F was the last of the Chrysler 300 Letter Cars fitted with 14" rims and wide whitewall tires. The 300-Gs were fitted with 15" tires, even though the other 1961 Chrysler models still wore 14" wide whitewall tires.Over the past few years, fewer and fewer 14" tires have been available for our purchase.

Currently, three companies offer tires that approximate the original 9.00x14 tires fitted to 300-Fs - Diamondback, Coker's American Classic and Kontio.

The tallest 14" tire size by Diamond Back is 225/75R14 - about 1/2" shorter, at 27.3" tall, than the American Classics

American Classics offer 235/75R14 tires that are the correct size for our Fs - 27.87" tall.

Some of our Club members have been dissatisfied with their recent purchases of these American Classics

The tallest 14" tire size by Kontio is 225/75R14

I think all these tires are engineered in FInland and manufactured in China

2 3/4" wide whitewall

Tire size info from our Club's Tech Section -

Recent emails from our Club members - found in our archived emails -