[Chrysler300] 70 300

Hi Group,

Well, I just put my 70 300 land barge back on the road after rebuilding the
engine and transmission. Everything worked great for about 10 miles. Then
the tranny started to make a noise that sounded like a squeaky fan belt (it
wasn't a belt, I checked). Shortly after that it started to lose forward
gears. It still moves, but you have to rev the motor to make it go, it acts
just like it is out of fluid. Putting it in drive produces no noticeable
change until you rev, then it shudders and takes off. Putting it in reverse
is still the normal bump, but the squeak stays all the time. Fluid is up to
proper level and still nice and pink, no burnt smell. I have rebuilt
several 727s, but never had a problem before. Anyone have any ideas on what
to check for before (or after) I pull it back out.  Thanks.

On a happier subject, I installed the TTI headers and 2 1/2" exhaust
system.  They are very good folks to work with.  The right header did not
fit due to torsion bar interference.  They took the header back at their
expense and found it had pulled during the welding process.  When they
returned it to me, was able to put it on with about 3/8" torsion bar
clearance from the collector.  So far, with new mounts all the way around,
there is no contact.  It is a very nice looking and very good sounding exhaust.

Bill Huff

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used