Re: [Chrysler300] engineswaps

It's mostly fabrication of mounts and suchlike, but there are two things to
remember. The engines final resting place must be level at the top of the
carb. Set a level across the carb top at the air cleaner flange and it must
be level both front to back and side to side. The other thing is the
Driveshaft angle. It needs to be as straight as possable. A slight angle is
Ok, but straight is better. Less U-joint wear.

I'd use the Torqueflight, with the 2 speed rear for starters. You might have
to change the rear later, depending on how it performs on the road. The 4
speed gearing has to be way too low for a 440's torque, and would not be
suitable for the hwy.

Let us know how it works out.....now just get to it, and have fun!
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas

> From: "Gary Holm" <gholm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:03:43 -0700
> To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Chrysler300] engineswaps
>
> Speaking of engine swaps! What kind of a can of  worms would I open if  I
> wanted to swap the flat head 6 in a 57 Dodge 2 ton  4 speed transm. 2 speed
> rear end, with either a 360 or a 440. Maybe even with the torqueflight.
> Thought this would make a cool car carrier for my 61 G . I have both engines
> with autom.. Big G

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links