[Chrysler300] 2005 Hemi C

Dan,
   2005  C is not 1000 lbs heavier.  Impressive dealer brochure picked up
the night I drove one lists it at 4240 if memory serves and Car and Driver
online lists it at 4140 with 54.1% front and 45.9% rear.  More Ebay
misinformation.  Road and Track subscribers should have gotten a very nice
"infomercial" type brochure in the mail recently with everything you want to
know about the 300C and lots of pictures, specs, concept drawings, and tests
of all three engine types, the Hemi being the most comprehensive of course.
Chrysler paid a bundle for that, I'm sure.  A co-worker gave me an extra he
received yesterday.  It is a very impressive car for the price.  Smooth ride
but not mushy nor too firm, good braking, great acceleration, smooth, almost
unnoticeable shifting of the 5 spd auto, and completely unnoticable MDS
cylinder cutoff system. Didn't really get to thrash it with the salesman
along but got to punch it a couple of times from about 30 mph resulting in
wide grins from both of us, and he was telling me about riding in it with
one of the mechanics ( from their sister store Porsche-Audi-Mazda ) who has
racing experience and he was flying down some backroads around here at
100+mph and taking some curves very rapidly.  I had stopped by the dealer's
when I saw the C sitting out front, and as luck would have it I was in my
61 G and the young salesman was duly impressed with it,  so I took him for a
ride in it after the 300 C drive and he kept talking about how no one builds
cars like it until now ( with the C ).  An astute young man.  Since today is
"grand opening" at dealerships I'm sure more of you will have taken a test
drive and be ready to mortgage the homestead to get one.  I guess I'll wait
and see how it holds up after a couple of years and what quality problems or
recalls occur.  Never wanted to be the first on the block after my brother
had to be the "first" to own a 64 Malibu hdtp that arrived with truck coil
springs in the rear and had a 15 degree rake from front to rear that they
wouldn't correct.  Last "bowtie" he ever bought.
  Hope all of you get to drive the new 300C Hemi whether or not it's
affordable - it's worth the time and being polite to the salesman.

>From wonderful Ft Wayne, Indiana,
        Del Kerney
        61 300G

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used