From: Jack Farris [mailto:jackfarris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:39 AM
To: lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 2005 Hemi C

Louis,

I see that the May issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines has done a "comparison"
test of the new 300C and your 300F. Your F is a beautiful car. There's no
doubt in my mind which car I'd rather have (the F, of course!).

Regarding the performance of the new 300 (I hate to use the designation
"C"), it obviously moves with great alacrity. At least three major
automotive magazines, Motor Trend, Car & Driver and Road & Track, have it
going from 0-60 in 5.8, 5.3 and 5.6 seconds respectively. I would guess that
a seamless shifting 5-speed automatic transmission contributes to the
seat-of-the-pants feeling that it's not that fast.

A mistake I think DC made is to have a 2.7 liter engine in the base car (at
least in the USA). A weezer engine in a 4000 pound vehicle is not
appropriate and only detracts from the 300's prestige. Even the 3.5 liter
engine is marginal in my half-cocked opinion. There should be only two
engine options--a Hemi with Multi Displacement System, and a Hemi strait up
(for those of us who prefer to run full-time on all eight cylinders).

Jack

> From: "Louis M. Barrie" <lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:08:06 -0700
> To: "Rick Ehrmann" <tc440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 2005 Hemi C
>
> Rick, I was stunned by the stats too, and I have had the opportunity
> to drive it! By the seat of my pants, I think those performance
> figures are as optimistic as the speedometer on my 300F!  But it does
> drive very nice.

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used