Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Insurance

I just switched from American Collectors(with whom I was insured for 20 +
years) to Hagerty.  I did not care for the answers that I had gotten when I
called American Collectors some time back.  I axed them what they considered
"pleasure driving".  They said I could go to a car show, or a little "Sunday
type driving" but if I were to stop in a grocery store or a restaurant to
eat I would not be probably be covered in event of a claim.  I asked how I
was to eat when driving to or from a car show.  The reply was that I should
eat before I left, eat at the show or return my car home before going out to
eat.  This to me was a little concerning as it appeared that they could
always find a reason to deny a claim(which I have never had).

Hagerty on the other hand seems to understand better those of us who love
our cars.  They always show up at major events(car shows, auction, etc) with
a booth and often a special R and R setting for their clients and prospects.
Their pricing was competitive(slightly higher) but with them I was also able
to insure my retired 1986 Mercedes SEC(with a 160,000 miles) as a special
interest, limited driving vehicle at a much better price then GEICO charges
for my regular vehicles.  They also indicated(verbally) that they understood
what we need and what we do when we drive our old cars for occasional
pleasure and indicated that certainly eating in a restaurant or stopping at
a grocery store was not going to void a claim.  Also indicated more
flexibility on annual mileage.

I would be interested in any comments that anyone has on this firm.  I have
switched my 3 old autos to them.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif.