Re: [Chrysler300] 300K fuel pump

> Thanks to all of you who have sent an answer.  This push rod issue is a
> confusing one.  Is there somewhere a picture of how this all fits together?

> The
> service manual isn't much help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> The fuel pump rod go's through the block and runs againest the cam .  It then
pushes on the fuel pump arm.  What happens is the rod will sometimes wear so
bad it gets so short it will no longer push the pump arm far enough to pump
fuel. I have had it happen twice.  So if you have a high milage engine you
might want to replace   it.  A new rod is 3.218" long so if your is much
shorter replace it.  I have seen almost 3/8" worn of of them.  As for replacing
it  after removing the fuel pump , remove the plug in the block to get the old
rod out and put the new one in.  If you don't put a heavy grease on the rod end
that goes in first it keeps sliding out.  The grease helps holding it up in the
block.  The last thing that is not necessary but makes it much easer is to turn
the engine over until the rod is on the low part of the cam lobe that pushes
the rod.  Now put a little grease on the pump arm where the rod pushes then
bolt the pump back on.   I hope this helps.   Gary Barker-  N. CA

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used