[Chrysler300] drum puller on e-bay - reply & better solution

[Chrysler300] drum puller on e-bay - reply & better solution

Dave and all,

I will never, ever again use my three-legged puller.  What a piece of junk
it is. I did purchase one of the pullers advertised by Les Fairbanks some
time ago and that's a night and day improvement over the three legged affair
!

Setup time is about the same. Five threaded female studs (there are RH and
LH ones) thread onto the wheel lugs. These have threaded rod coming out
their other end.  A thick metal plate with another metal "square" pad welded
onto the center and five holes drilled into it slips over the studs...  nuts
are then attached and even pressure can be distributed by tightening each of
the 5 nuts...

Result:  even the most stubborn drum pops off without banging, hammering,
cursing and there is NO damage to the end of the axle shafts. Since the
pressure is distributed among the 5 studs on the drum, much greater force
can be applied by tightening of the 5 nuts.   A beautiful, simple tool.
Anyone with an old-style Mopar rear with tapered axles should have one !

Les Fairbanks is listed in the current Club roster.

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used