From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Henry Hopkins" <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 8:52 AM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Fw: Imp. Related Battery Question

Henry,

As you may recall, I used to offer tar top battery reproductions, but they
were all gone as of 1999.  I have a couple of dead tar tops that I've been
thinking about gutting and trying to covert as you describe by putting in an
Optima battery.  I have no idea if it would work.  The next time I am in a
parts store that sells Optima batteries, I'm going to take some measurements
to see if it is doable.

I still have quite a few reproduction battery labels, both early ('56-'58)
and later ('59-'64).  When I replaced the battery in my G two years ago, I
bought a generic group 27 black poly case, solid top, from American Battery
in Hayward, and removed all the labels and put a MoPar repro label on it.
Looks pretty good, cost about $60, and has held up well with low
maintenance.

Bob J

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links