[Chrysler300] RE: [FWDLK] 392 ealy hemi parts

Original Message:
-----------------
From: David Homstad dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 01:24:56 -0500
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 392 "ealy hemi" parts

Phillipe,

I am not familiar with this seller, but he seems to have good feedback.

These Hemi plug wires seem to be OK, but be aware of some issues:
1.      8mm wires are larger than the original 7mm factory wires. This
could be a
problem if you use factory wire guides and the wire cover on the hemi valve
cover.
2.      The plastic sleeve over the plug boot may be a little long for use
under
the wire covers. These can be shortened as required.
3.      The rubber boot over the plug is common on all plug wires, except
the
Hemi factory originals. With the deep holes the wires go into, you cannot
grip the boot to unplug the wire. The boots will stick to the plug and the
only way to remove them is to pull on the wire. This may result in the wires
pulling out of the terminal and boot, like mine did.

There are other sellers of spin-on oil filter adapters. Hot Heads has some
nice ones and one retains the stock angle for the filter.

The special bypass valve is required to make all the oil pass through the
filter. A positive idea for all applications. Also available from Hot Heads.
The factory bypass valve allowed some oil to bypass around the filter in
case it was plugged with dirt, or to provide lubrication at cold start-up
when using a thick straight weight oil. Modern low residue, high detergent,
multi-viscosity oils should no longer require a bypass.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

as I recall from the LAST set of replacement wires I bought (many Years ago)
You DID not get the Boots,  You had to Keep the ones you already
(hopefully) have.
That being the Case 8MM wires would not fit.
BUT you can look for early 90's Toyoto 4 cylender wire sets (junkYards)
because you are really after the nice boots they have on thier wiresets.
Look for 2 motors to pull them from cause you are looking at a 4 popper :-)
As I recall (and all that stuff is home and I am not)  they are the same
length as the 392 boots.

The 392 replacement wire set was terminated at the plug end AND you got 8
terminals that Needed to Be Soldered at the distributor end. This allowed
you to thread your boots onto the wire set.
The Original wires are SOLID wire, Not any of the newer resistance
composition materials that they use in modern sets today.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used