Re: [Chrysler300] 300-Hurst

Eric,

Two words come to mind here,  supply and demand.

I agree, the '70 hurst was a pretty cool and hopefully collectible car.  I also think it's little known brother over at Plymouth that year (the Sport Fury GT) was just as cool if not cooler.  You could get the Sport Fury GT with a V code 440+6 option, and it was the tip top of the line in the "Plymouth Rapid Transit System".  It wasn't a popular car though and seems to have sort of been shunned by  the muscle car crowd as just a big fat Fury with a neat stripe.  The Sport Fury GTs don't seem to bring much money either compared to what we see for early letter cars or for that matter '70s "B" or "E" body cars.  There doesn't seem to be the demand (thus the lower prices) for "C" body Mopars from the '70s as opposed to the "B" and "E" body cars.

I agree with John's point.  The Hurst in better shape will not cost you nearly as much as the lesser car + the restoration.

BTW, if you stumble accross a Sport Fury GT in your travels, please email me privately!  <grin>

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
'57 300C 440+6 'Cuda
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
pageTFM@xxxxxxxxxxxx / text paging
614.975.4164 / voice
707.667.2601 / eFax
>>> <bigblockhoss@xxxxxxx> 06/17/04 1:37 AM >>>
    I am a new member and am saving to buy a "Hurst." It will be driven
regularly. What is a realistic price range? I was told, by Mr. Hertog, to buy the
very best one I could locate as their value is relatively low and not worth
buying a fixer-upper. I think this is very good advice. Yet, how can a model that
was only around for one year and had low production numbers have a low value?
What should I look for and what should I stay away from? Any advice,
information, comments, and opinions would be most appreciated. You can contact me off
list. Will anyone, who owns a "Hurst" and lives in Michigan, be attending the
"Gratiot Cruise" this weekend or "Dream Cruise" later this summer? I would
like to see one up close and personal instead of in a magazine or picture. Thank
you for your time.
Erick Hoscila
Eastpointe, Michigan
BigBlockHoss@xxxxxxx