Re: [Chrysler300] wanted source of twin cone speakers

Re: [Chrysler300] wanted source of twin cone speakers

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the delay, but I purchased a dual cone speaker from Custom Autosound (http://www.custom-autosound.com/ ) when I purchased their hidden audio stereo and 6 CD Changer for my G.

Their dual cone speaker bolted directly to the front speaker grille and will drop in place on the top of the dash.

Please note that I have not yet connected everything as I am hiding the stereo and CD player in the trunk. I mounted 2 standard 6 X 9 speakers in the rear shelf and covered with stock speaker grilles.

Hopefully the freeze plugs will not fall out once the radio is fired up.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> stevenlulu@xxxxxxxxxxxx 06/29/04 10:11PM >>>
I just installed a twin cone speaker in my L. Its possible to buy a pre-made
one but you have to get the right size and there's limited options on
speaker quality. What I did was mounted a pair of high quality 3.5" speakers
on plexiglass cut to fit the speaker opening. It worked very well and
allowed me to get really good quality speakers and I didn't have to worry
about finding a pre-made speaker that fit the opening.

FYI, I also installed rear speakers which didn't fit the factory openings
but used the same method of mounting on plexiglass cut to fit the opening.
The am radio was converted to solid state am/fm keeping the original look.
The plexiglass can be purchased in sheets of varying thicknesses at Home
Depot.

Steve Galezowski
300L