Re: [Chrysler300] Ram Ignition System

Gil and All,

I just received the wires from Lectric Limited. They look great and
even have very nice directions that tell which length wire and angle
boot goes to which cylinder. This is the primary reason I purchased
these wires as I was not happy at all with the wire sets that were
recommended a couple of months earlier which came from Car Quest. They
required much assembly and came with 90 degree distributor boots (I hate
these).

Thanks again for the help.

Richard Osborne

>>> <Lettercars@xxxxxxx> 07/28/04 09:07AM >>>
In a message dated 7/19/2004 9:33:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Good Evening,
>
> This Sunday was to be the first cruise-in for the G. Just me and my
> little boy (1 1/2 yrs old). I got the car out of the garage, cleaned
it
> a little, strapped him into his Simpson Racing Child Seat, and
barely
> made it down the street. The street goes down hill also, by the way.
The
> car wouldn't accelerate, it popped and shuttered and just barely
ran.

> We didn't go cruisin'
>
> I just changed plugs, rotor, ignition coil and checked ballast
> resistor. Only to discover that the new condenser was the culprit.
The
> test drive proved it.
>
> My questions are: What do you use for spark plugs in your ram cars?
> am a firm believer in Champions for Mopars. I am looking for
feedback
> after reviewing the plugs with about 100 miles on them after the
> rebuild.
>
> Also, what is the status of the plug wires the club is doing? I
would
> like a set for the G.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Richard Osborne
> Columbus, OH

Richard and All:
I have been meaning to answer your question about the sparkplug wires,
but
couldn't locate the ifo until now!  The ram wires were not really a
Club
project, but a co-opertive effort between myself and member Mike Zagata
who needed
wires for his recently aquired 300G.
We worked with Greg Hanna of Lectric Limited,Inc, 6750 W. 74th
St.--Suite A,
Bedford Park, Illinois, 60638.  The telephone number there is
708-563-0400.
On my invoice, their item number for the wire set is 6302-000.  I had
developed
the wire lengths on my 300F, and had communicated those to them.
However, in
the meantime, they found their original engineering drawings for the
wires!
(The lengths were almost identical!)   Anyway, the wires are made to
the
Chrysler specs.  The only printing they use is "Packard", so the wires
all carry
that designation.  According to Mr. Hanna, Packard did not use date
codes in
1960 (Prestolite did), but started in 1961, so specify your car's
approximate
build date if it is a 300G.  The wire sets do not have the red #1 wire

distributor end boot, but those are available from Gary Goers.
(According to their
drawings, and some original car evidence, the red boot was used on the
coil wire
in 1961!!  That makes absolutely NO sense to me, and I guess the jury
may still
be out on that one.)   Anyway, that is the story on the ram
wires----sure is
a lot easier than making up your own set.   300ly, Gil Cunningham

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used