[Chrysler300] a thought re new 300C?

Thank you to Gloria Moon and others who let me in Australia know how the new
300C is selliing, Gloria sending me detail re Monday's Baltimore Sun
website, it's story detaiing how well it is going/perceived.

It rseemingly now only remains to be seen how long this eagerness for the
model continues.  Over here in Australia there perhaps exists an earlier
parallel, with Subaru's WRX model, this the turbo 4 door AWD sedan.  It grew
in intial popularity, and has for years now been purchased for the
performance and fun it delivered, this despite the car not looking sporty,
or swoopy/sexy.

In the case of the new 300C, it obviously is not mainstream looking, in even
effect that it is 'so not' normal/accepted looking, that certainly for an
initial period, that it's 'non looks' are also actually helping it's sales,
that if Monday's Baltimore Sun article is accurate representation. Also a
real stroke of luck for DCX re looks is the new Bentley features a real
blunt 'in your face' front, so the 300C is in effect like a way cheaper rip
off of this !?

That people are so accepting it's performance, and apparently good/enjoyable
handling, augurs well for future of American cars, because this seemingly
shows an appetite for this type of American car that America has perhaps not
built as much of as it should have over recent years?

The now only remaining perhaps unfortunate aspect of the new 300C is that it
seems if this initial acceptance of the new 300C continues, then it seems
Chrysler wasted the "300", and "300C", name on the new 300C - namely that
the car was going to see the same acceptance/response, even if given some
other so non iconic name - say had been called say "Chrysler Hemi" ?!.

I suppose the only consolation for traditional 300 lovers is that it is
better that for now the new 300C is a success, rather than it is a total dud
that diminishes how people view/remember the 300 name.  GM US have a
potential situation on their hands currently, with re re-issuing the Pontiac
GTO name on our aussie Monaro - even in auusie specs the car looks pretty
plain behind the doors, and is basically just a V8 powered pillared 2 door
coupe - is that enough to deserve being a GTO name in the US in the year
2004 ?!   A friend mentioned the factory where they are built over here has
them parked everywhere, that the are not to ship anymore to US until they
can sell ones already sent there.

Whatever - it is great to see America embracing a high reving V8 rear wheel
drive with safe/fun handling - may there be many more from US manufacturers
to follow, time a few more enthusiasts got back into building cars, rather
than accountants and degree holders?!

aussie christopher

Smart Saving with ING Direct ? earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate:
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au/burst6offer.asp?id=8

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used