[Chrysler300] preventive rear window sealing 70 Hurst

[Chrysler300] preventive rear window sealing 70 Hurst

I am putting my regular 1970 300 back together after being repainted, and I have a question with regards to the sealing of the rear window to the body.  As any 70 Hurst owner knows, (and other C bodies of the same years), these cars collected moisture in the rear window channel under the stainless trim molding covering the gap between the body and the window.  Many of these cars rusted badly in this area, and then let water into the trunk, that also rusted out.  Before I install the trim molding I am wondering how to best keep the moisture from sitting in this gap, (about 3/8" wide and ½" deep).  Is it best left alone, fill it as much as possible with silicone calk, or is there something else I should use.

Thanks,

Paul Thomassen

Central Iowa

1970 Hurst 300