Re: [Chrysler300] "H" Carb. Spring Brackets

Re: [Chrysler300] "H" Carb. Spring Brackets

The main thing to remember with thesprings is the tension.
Too much, and you'll have the perception of no power. Legend has it that
when the Tempest came out in early 60's, the return spring was too strong.
Peoplewould test drive and say "No thanks" and leave. Pontiac finally
figured out that when they would try to accelerate, their foot had to be
pushed with such effort that their mind took that to mean it had no power!
Wasen't real strong, but just enough that it seemed that you really had to
stomp it to make it go. Changed the spring, and instant success! Sold like
hotcakes. Or so I was told at the time..........
Regards, Ray

Let's get those registrations in Folks, Gloria thanks you!

--------------------------------------
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas
All Y'all come visit, Y'hear?

> From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:22:38 EDT
> To: gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] "H" Carb. Spring Brackets
>
> In a message dated 8/7/2004 12:33:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> Does anyone have the ability to diagram/measure the two carburetor return
>> spring brackets for the inline 413 "H" motor?
>>
>> I have fabricated a pair that are far from correct and I want to make some
>> that are bent and correct.
>>
>> A measurement of the spring length &diameter would be helpful too.
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

> Hi Jennifer/Matt and All:
> I think I can help on the springs.  The carb return springs for the 300H are
> PN. 1320133, same as for the 300G and the later 300Fs which used the brackets
> instead of the pins.  I have a copy of that drawing, and will send it to you.
> Coincidently, yesterday while looking for an available proper spring for my
> 300F, I came across one with potential at Home Depot.  They are sold in pairs
> (how thoughtful!) and seem to have the same diameter and wire thickness.  They
> have about 3 more coils than the 36 specified on the drawing, but I am
> planning to modify them.  We will see how it goes.  They are called "Handyman
> Springs", #SP-9611 and are in the hardware section.  Perhaps they can be made
> work.  Jeff Carter does not yet have his repros available----I just checked.
> Hope
> this helps out a little.   I do not have the 300H bracket drawings, and could
> really use the one for the primary carb.  I have always had to make use of my
> "functional only" homemade job there.      300ly, Gil
> Tallahassee, FL

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links