Re: [Chrysler300] Reno Hot August Nights

Re: [Chrysler300] Reno Hot August Nights

I was not going to jump in on this one but, here is a thought.

HAN organization is non profit and not supported by any of the surrounding
cites. They register 5000 cars at $125.
Priced increased by $25 for 05. That equals $625K. For a week long event
that money has to go a long way.
When you pick up your registration at the start of the event you get a
goody bag chucked full of items. HAN has a theme designed each year that is
printed on a cap, T shirt, hat pin, dash plaque, window sticker and a large
mug.
I would venture there is $50 retail worth in those items alone. You also
get two nice laminated badges with a lanyard to wear to get free pass into
the swap meet and Silver car auction. You can go each day those events are
open, (4 days).
Lets say each pass goes to the swap meet and the car auction 2 times, (my
brother and I do this every year). That is $40 of the $125 you paid for
entrance fee. The goody bag $50' now you have $90 back on your entrance fee.
Then you can cruse in three major controlled cruises each night between 7pm
and 10pm. What a blast. Thousands of spectators cheering on and enjoying
the cars. You could do that two times for 6 cruises each night. One is down
town Reno, one thru down town Sparks and the Reno Hilton. Bear in mind
these cruises are only for registered cars and all other traffic is
diverted away. How much is that fun worth?
Now we take $90 from the $125 and end up with $35 for five days. Lets see,
that is $7 day for all that car fun.

No free lunches.

Gary

At 11:46 AM 08/26/2004 -0500, Ray Jones wrote:
>And if it was free to enter, what assortment of crap do you think would show
>up, to ruin your day? You would have to put up with anybody who thought he
>had a bad car and on a whim, came to race.
>
>Organization keeps it all organized, and managable.
>Ya gotta pay to play........or not.
>
>--------------------------------------
>Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas
>All Y'all come visit, Y'hear?
>

> > From: mr-320@xxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:03:28 -0700
> > To: crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Fern Rivard)
> > Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (chrysler300)
> > Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Reno Hot August Nights
> >
> > hi fern;
> > you are right about who pays whom and why, though id carry
> > your analogy a bit farther, to the drag strip in fact!!
> > an awful lot of people spend huge amounts of money to build
> > racecars and then pay to enter and put on a show that someone else gets
> > rich off of....
> >
> > JEFF
> > tucson az.
> >

> > To send a message to this group, send an email to:
> > Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > For list server instructions, go to
> > http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
> > Yahoo! Groups Links