Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300H with Three Horns??

Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300H with Three Horns??

In a message dated 8/26/2004 11:56:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jblken@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> To those  having one  (300H)
>
> The 300H (A/C) I have has three horns!  I have had the car
> (unrestored-rough) for years and had it stored at the place of purchase)
> for many years before brining it home.  I  just noticed it has three
> horns.   Two on the right side mounted in front of the radiator support,
> one above the other.
> The upper horn is jammed against the top horizontal flange part of the
> support which leads me to believe it doesn't belong there or is out of
> position.  The third horn is mounted on the left fender well opposite of
> the fuel pump.  The mounting holes appear factory (bolt holes and small
> hole for the horn bracket bent tab to index into)
>
> Question - having '62 sport 300's I familiar with their horn locations
> (one on each side for non-A/C and both on the right side for A/C car)
> but wondering if the H is suppose to have only two horns  I.E.. is one
> on the right side of radiator support (up high if a washer pump is
> installed on the lower back side of radiator support), or at the lower
> front of radiator support (location opposite side of the washer pump),
> and the second horn on the fender well panel ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Ken Wilson,  San Jose  Calif.

Ken and All:
All 1962 Chryslers including the 300H are supposed to have two horns.  As you
correctly point out, on non-air cars they are mounted near the left and right
ends on the front of the radiator support.  Since the AC receiver-dryer
occupies the left (car's left) space on cars so equipped, that horn finds itself in
a new location behind the radiator support on the lower portion of the right
fender inner.  Someone evidently decided if two were good, three would be
better, and "shoehorned" in an extra!   300ly, Gil C.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used