From: Philippe Courant [mailto:accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 2:23 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler 300 Yahoo List Server; Fwdlk
Subject: [Chrysler300] fuel delivery problem (2)

Hi,
This evening i made several tests and checks about this *°#"/! fuel
line. I removed 5 gallons from the tank (with the electric pump so it
works well even to pull 1 ft higher ..), re-tried with pump  attached to
sending unit tube : same results: bubbles in the (clear) hose, very
little and erratic flow in the jar.
So, late test, i sent 50 PSI in the tank through the sending tube.
"vraoum" i heard + noise of bubbles. I re-attached the pump and bingo,
lot of fuel ( 5 quarts in 1 mn), no bubbles , etc... So there is
"something" in the tank or at end of sending unit which plugs the tube !!

What i don't understand is that the tank was cleaned and coated with
special epoxy 3 years ago !!! It wasn't rusty or dirty before but i
cleaned it perfectly before coating !!

I haven't yet re-attached mechanical (or electrical) pump to fuel line
but i think the problem is solved. But now i must drain the 15-20
gallons of gas before removing the tank ...

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f