From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler 300 Club Listverver <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 3:02 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] things that go BOOM

To all weekend diagnosticians:

so... Dave Clelland finally decides to drive his 300G rag somewhere...
(yes, Peter Fitch, he DID drive it ! ) ...  after a 45 minute ride, he
arrives at a car show.....  and BOOM. Big explosion under the hood.  Enough
of a BOOM to wake up the neighborhood; enough to blow the oil cap (breather)
right off the valve cover, and enough to blow the intake manifold pan ...
outwards, and cause it to bulge out so far that it actually interfered with
the throttle linkage under the rams.

Yes, the car restarted and still runs OK; and, yes, Dave does smell gas in
the oil.  Question is:  how did it get there ???  obviously, there was
enough of a buildup of gas fumes in the cranckase to cause this explosion.

anyone ever hear of something like this ?  Comments?  Please "reply to all"
so Dave can read the posts...

John

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links