Re: [Chrysler300] things that go BOOM

It should have had a road draft tube or better yet a PVC set up on it,
having a breather on both valve covers will not purge the blow by gases.
The factory would not have put a road draft tube on to begin with if it was
unnecessary. The PVC setup is better yet because it keeps things ventilated
at any speeds, the road draft tube needs about a 25 mph breeze to work
efficiently.

Mike

At 11:21 AM 9/12/2004 -0400, John Hertog wrote:
>Thanks all for your responses, that Dave will read himself.   Yes, Don
>Verity is quite right, there is no road draft tube, but I fail to see how
>that  would have any effect on the "situation".  Both valve covers were
>vented through the oil caps.  And Dave had just driven the car for quite
>some miles when the incident happened.
>
>I also offered Dave my opinion that the fuel pump was suspect, based mainly
>on his description of the fuel smell in the oil.  There must have been a LOT
>of fuel vapors, to cause the valley pan to buckle outwards !
>
>John Hertog
>Sag Harbor NY

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used