[Chrysler300] From ka-boom to hurray

Thank you for all the responses to my dilemma about my G convertible. It
appears that the gas in the crankcase came from ring wash (gas at start up passing
the rings) I did not have a draft tube installed at the time, so when I
finally took the car for a nice long ride it heated the gases to an explosive
mixture and without the draft tub to evacuate this volatile mixture I had an
explosion inside the top of the motor. I worked into the wee hours of the morning
Changing oil an installing the correct draft tube and freeing the linkage.
Now the great news I trailered the car (still a little uneasy about driving
it to far) to the Radnor Hunt Concours d' Elegance where it shared the show
field with 100 magnificent automobiles, everything from Bugatti's to Pierce
Arrows and Duesenberg's. This was a very spectacular show and I won a second place
in my class (post war American car ). This was a tremendous accomplishment
because all 12 cars in the class were incredible. The winner in the class is also
a club member Bill DiCiurcio. Bill had a flawless black 1956 Packard
Caribbean. Thanks again for all the imput on my car I still have to remove the valley
pan and replace it and also to check the fuel pump to rule that out positivly
. I will try to get back to the list when I have everything repaired
permanently, the car did run very well in and out of today's show. Thanks again for
everyone's well wishes. Dave Clelland

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used