[Chrysler300] [Chrysler 300] Hurst gas gauge

[Chrysler300] [Chrysler 300] Hurst gas gauge

   Hi,                                                                                          I am not an under the dash person, unless there is no other way. First I would remove the wire at the sender (on the tank), probe the terminal on the wire with a 12 volt circuit tester (test light), With the tester connected to a good ground and the ignition ON hopfully the test light will pulsate, indicating continuity through the voltage limiter,  fuel gauge dash unit & wiring to the tank.  This would indicate a problem with the (sender) tank unit, float or maybe the ground strap from the sender to the fuel line attached to the body.  On the other hand if there is no voltage present at the sender wire terminal with the ignition ON, the problem would be the wire or connection to the dash / gauge, circuit board, voltage limiter or the fuel gauge.  Hope this helps & have a safe trip.
  Regards,
    George

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used