[Chrysler300] 300C front-ends and radial tires

[Chrysler300] 300C front-ends and radial tires

I ran Sears/Michelin radials on my white 300 from 1972 to 1987 (same
tires) for about 30,000 miles. Was careful about alignment. First guy
to align car warned me, "The radials transmit shock to the frame".

That set of tires met demise by tread separation (shortly after 120
MPH plus run at Chrysler Proving grounds) and Sears allowed "tire
failure" with 2/64ths tread wear. I had  my choice of any tire Sears
stocked at time as warranty adjustment.

When I bought second car in '76, it had shiny bald original
bluestreaks on car. Replaced them with radials and proceeded to put
about 40,000 miles on chassis.

By the mid 1990's BOTH cars developed frame cracks and sagging. The
frame shop that welded up both cars attributes failure due shock that
radials transmit to frame. White car both sides were cracked, "Crime
Story" black car had only passenger side go, that side which takes
more pot holes and abuse. (Not to mention stunt driving in Las Vegas.)

Anyone else experience frame cracks and sagging on 300C converts??
How many miles of radial use??

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used