Re: [Chrysler300] Hurst gas gauge

First disconnect the blue wire going to the fuel tank sender.  With a
volt meter check the voltage .  It should be pulsating around  5-7
volts.  If thats ok take a OHM meter and check from the post on the fuel
tank sending unit.  It should be reading some amount of resistance.
Maybe between 50-250 ohms.  If there is no reading your sending unit is
either bad or you have a bad ground on the tank.    Back to the main
feed wire.  Check your fuses.   If they are good you could have a bad
voltage regulator that runs the gages.    Good Luck    Gary Barker

annbarbq@xxxxxxx wrote:

>My 70 Hurst, the gas gauge has not worked for quite a while.  Sticking a
>wooden stick in the gas filler tube to see if I have much gas left is not very
>swift! I am anxious to read what suggestions others in the Club have to get my
>fuel gauge working again.  Steve in Columbus, Ohio. Thank you.

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used