[59plymouth] Help on a starter question

Hello List
I must apologize as I have asked this before,,but forgot who I recd the answer from.

Concerning the 1959 361 'B' engine,,,which appeared in the PLYMOUTH and DODGE primarily,,,did the starter have the solenoid mounted on top of the starter as it is shown in the parts books??

The parts manual shows the starter as     P/N 1779955  MODEL MDT 6001       and it shows the solenoid mounted externally on it.
Is that correct??

Thank you
ED ECKERSON
LI  NY