From: Dan Morton [mailto:morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 6:56 AM
To: Roger Howard
Cc: 59plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [59plymouth] repairing pot metal

Roger, I'm copying the mailing list (and forum) on my reply to you, I'd like to see what other people think about this process:

> Have you made any inquiries about the vent window..you are  probably looking
> for a replacement. I am gonna have to find a way to weld mine...if I had
> saved one of the parts cars vent frames, I could take it to a welder and see
> what he advises...now i will have to actually remove my existing frame and
> travel around with that...ugh

I found something on the web about "Muggy Weld" which is supposed to work well with pot metal.  I wrote their bulletin board and corresponded with them about it.  Here's the thread...

Dan:
you should be able to repair without any problem.
Mike