RE: [Chrysler300] non-300 electrical

I have a friend who has same elect. problems on a 97 Stratus--Mopar dealer
says it is remote start whuch they disconnected. Could this be a common
denominater?? It is the cause of draining battery---radio & heater would
come on by itself in the middle of night!!!
                     Elmer Tuuri

>From: <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <my300g@xxxxxxxxx>,
><crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<300country@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
><dhovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
><remerritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] non-300 electrical
>Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:56:23 -0600
>
>I once had a 1994 Dodge Intrepid ES, and my next door neighbor currently
>has a Sebring convertible.  Both of these cars have/had (I got rid of the
>Intrepid) electrical gremlins such as yours.  It seems like the cars must
>be used every day to keep these electrical gremlins away.  Both the
>Intrepid and Sebring are 'low use' vehicles, and even with new batteries,
>weird things happen on the way to a dead battery if they're left unused for
>more than a few days.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is true of all
>1990's Chrysler products?  As the voltage drops, the on-board computer
>starts to do flaky things.
>I used to leave the Intrepid unlocked in the driveway, and after a few days
>the car would lock its doors and pop open its trunk lid all by itself.  My
>neighbors Sebring will also lock its own doors and arm its alarm system- it
>did this about a week ago while we were standing about 10 feet away talking
>in the driveway.  There is something to be said for older, simpler,
>technology.
>John

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used