Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 300-C Hood

Hi Rich
I don't know if this would be of interest, but I have a 1955 New Yorker 4-door sedan that can be started and driven to check out. It is a very solid, complete car with hardly any rust, but has been vandalized by rock thrown thru the windshield and drivers door. I have a windshield in a 55 DeSoto that I am parting out that could be put in this NY, but no interest in finishing it, so maybe it might be easier to start with a NY engine/transmission and find the parts to change it over. I doubt if there are any complete C300 engines available, but probably are pieces out there to add to this engine.
I don't want to part it out until someone either buys the car or has a chance to drive and check out the drive line and buys what-ever they want and then I will part out the rest of the car.
It really is too good a car to part out, but if it could help put a 300 back on the road, it will not have died in vain.
I can E-mail pictures and answer any questions, and might even deliver the car a reasonable distance. PS; it still has the factory trunk-mounted air conditioner and the man I bought it from said it works, but I never tried it. The windshield was broken when I bought it, so except for starting it occasionally and driving it around my lot to keep it limber, I have never had it on the road
The engine runs quiet except for one lifter clicking, doesn't smoke, and when last used was pulling his water ski boat to the lake on weekends, and still has a trunkfull of empty beer cans to prove it. The transmission shifts smoothly, and all I have to do is air the tires, put a battery in and it is always ready to go. The car is located in south-central Kansas, about 50 miles from Wichita, Kansas.
Okie Bob

Rich Barber <barber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a contact and former member that is looking for a hood for his
1957 300-C convertible and an engine and tranny for his 1955 C-300.  Any
leads greatly appreciated.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA 94513
C-300