[Chrysler300] Suspicious eBay message

Below is the text of a very suspicious e-mail I just received.  I sent
it to eBay to evaluate, but the sorry English and numerous misspellings
certainly indicate it is fraudulent.  Please beware of this apparent
hoax if you are an e-Bay shopper.

Thanks to others on this server who have given us all a "heads up" on
these spoofs.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA

eBay Safeharbor Department Notice

Fraud Alert ID : 00626654

Dear eBay member,

You have received this email because you or someone else had used your
identity to make false purchases on eBay. For security reasons, we are
required to open an investigation on this matter. We treat online fraud
seriously and all cases which cannot be resolved between eBay and the
other involved party are forwarded for further investigations to the
proper authorities. To speed up this process, you are required to verify
your personal information against the eBay account registration data we
have on file by following the link below.

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference.

When submitting sensitive information via the website, your information
is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order form
asks users to enter sensitive information, that information is encrypted
and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL.
Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the
next 72 hours, we will assume this account is fraudulent and it will be
suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this
verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been
fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We apreciate your support and understading, as we work together to keep
eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification mail
sent to this address and can not be replied to.

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. which is located on
Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used