[Chrysler300] Spinner Hubcaps and Rims '65-'66 300's

[Chrysler300] Spinner Hubcaps and Rims '65-'66 300's

Ok all you wheel experts, I have a question about wheel and hubcap
dimensions. I just finally bought a set of '66 - '67 spinner hubcaps for use
on my '65 300. Paid a good buck for them and all but one are in pretty nice
driver condition. Went out to the garage last night to pop them on and
discovered they are too deep for the wheels on my car. The first one I put
on bottomed at least 1/4 inch before the beed around the outside but did
hold in place. The second one won't go on far enough to even stay put to
admire. Seems either the backspacing is incorrect or the inner wheel design
protrudes out too far on this particular wheel for the cap to fit. I have
two sets of '65 14" wheels and have tried the caps on both with no
diffeerence.

Did the spinner hubcaps come with a wider or different backspaced wheel? Are
the '66 and up wheels different? Does anyone have a nice single spinner
hubcap they might want to part with? (All I really need is the outer dish
portion, the centers are all very nice)

Thank you. Ryan Hill (Vancouver, Canada)

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used