Re: [Chrysler300] insurance

Oh, Oh!  This will be like asking us all which is the best 300.  I had
American Collector's.  Now with Hagerty.  American Collector's was very
cagey about answering a couple of questions that I had asked them.  They
seem very strict on the rules regarding Show or Pleasure driving only.  No
trips to the golf course, the grocery store, church etc.  I asked them about
a year ago if I were to stop to eat on the way home from a show, would my
car be covered.  The lady said maybe it would and maybe it would not.  This
was not the answer that I need to hear.  I had been with them 17 years with
no claims.  Hagerty seemed much more up to date on how we all drive our cars
and gave straight forward answers.  Of course reading the small print could
still be a problem down the road, but for now I feel better with them.  They
also appear at many of the larger car shows and auctions with a tent just
for their clients and other VIP's.  Seem more like car people to me.  Rates
are about the same and they were willing to insure(at a collector rate) our
1986 Mercedes 560 SEC which we have owned for 19 years and has a 160,000
miles and still looks and runs perfectly.  Can not bear to sell it for 8
grand or use, so just keep in the garage for a casual driver on weekends.

No claims with Hagerty either, so cannot comment on how they do here, but I
have heard from others that they are very fair.  I suspect that American
Collectors is fair also.  It is a small world we in the car world live in.

Insurance was covered a whole lot about a year or so ago.  Archives may
exist of all of this.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif