California Show Report

Father's Day (Sunday, June 16th) proved to be a good day for
Chrysler 300's at the Milestone Classic Car Society annual show in Thousand
Oaks, California. Three Chrysler 300's were present among the hundreds of
entries, and all three came home prize winners.Club member Dan Reitz brought
his beautiful and original Alaskan White 300F coupe, with its rare "888"
code charcoal grey interior. Though I'd heard of such things, I'd never
actually seen a "special order" interior before, and I was amazed to think
that once upon a time such special exceptions were possible, if you had the
money and knew the right people! Dan received a fine second place in a
hard-fought class.

Yours truly brought his Toreador Red (nee white) 300F convertible,
which took first place in its class, thus extending its undefeated record in
show competition. Also in the class was a highly unusual (well, I'd never
seen one before) stunning black 1960 Plymouth Fury convertible, with a 383
"Sonoramic Commando" option (what we 300 folks call a "crossram"). It took
second place in the convertible class.

I understand another car, a 1955 Chrysler 300, also placed in its
class in the show, but I apologize as I didn't get the owner's name. If the
owner is on this List, congratulations! Also present was Club member Ted
Larangeira (hope I got that last name right, Ted), who didn't bring his 300F
coupe, which was still recovering from its multiple cross-country adventures.
TV personality Jay Leno was also in attendance (he brought a Packard, I
think), and was seen paying close attention to a very nice 1969 Plymouth GTX
Hemi hardtop. All in all it was a lovely show, and a fine day for the
Beautiful Brutes!

300F'ly,

Roger Karlson