From: Ryan Hill
To: souders@xxxx ; clafong@xxxx ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 11:05 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] RE: Windshield Rubber

This discussion about softening window rubber triggers a question that I
have been toiling with. What can be used to safely clean rubber window
gaskets? My front and rear gaskets on my '65 are soft enough but are pretty
gooped up with sealer (As well as the edges of my original rear glass)

The front glass had been replaced recently and I think it's eurethane that
was used however the original black sealer is still present as well and is
really sticky. Didn't really want to resort to acetone, laquer thinner, or
any type of stripper until I ran it by the group.

What was the original product used and what will disolve it(if anything)?
Anybody have any tricks to make this job easier?

Ryan Hill

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor