Lifts

I've had my Western 7000# asymmetrical lift for 12 years now and couldn't be happier with it. It is a 2 post lift with the overhead connection that allows for a free working area under the car. This is the only way to go if your main reason in getting a lift is to use it to work on vehicles, not storage. The drive-on lifts (4 post) take up much more floor space, you can't work on the wheels, tires, brakes, or suspension because they support the car and don't hang free. Also, I use my lift to pull engines by swinging the arms together and looping the engine lift chain over the arms and raising, works great! When restoring my '51 Chrysler, I used my asymmetrical lift to raise the body off and place it back on frame. Try and do that with a drive-on lift! Cost was about $3,100.00 delivered and installed.

Bob J