RE:Freeze Plugs?

a 50/50 of water/antifreeze won't freeze to about -40
F degrees.

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Kurt Greske" <kurt_greske@xxxx> | This is
Spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:47:24 -0800
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Freeze Plugs?

Hi Philippe,

If you have a car with a proper radiator (
like our old Chryslers ;o),
you're actually better off with water and anti-rust in
the summer than with
water and ethylene glycol. That's because water has
twice the specific heat
capacity of ethylene glycol. If you've got one of
these new cars with a toy
radiator, then you have to use the water-antifreeze
mixture because the
coolant temperature has to be higher than water is
reliable at to dissipate
the heat in the cheapie radiator. ( Fortunately I
don't own any cars newer
than my 300G! And all the rest are old Chrysler
products too! ;o) Also a
eutectic mixture of water and ethylene glycol actually
has a LOWER freezing
temperature than straight ethylene glycol. It's about
fifty-fifty but I
don't remember the exact ratio right now because it
never gets that cold
here and I only use 25 percent in the winter here.
The Prestone jugs used
to say what the proper mixture is but then they
discovered that they sell
more antifreeze if they don't!

As for your freezing experience, you were just
lucky that the
temperature wasn't cold enough to continue freezing
the water before it
warmed up for the day again!

BELIEVE ME, they are EXPANSION core plugs!!

Kurt

=====