Fwd: [Chrysler300] Question

>>Hi Phil,

For all B & RB engines the firing order should be
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. Distributor should rotate counterclockwise.

A couple of questions, how do you know you are getting no spark? An easy
way to check, if you don't have a spark tester, is with a spark plug
attached to a spark plug wire and the threaded portion grounded to the
engine block. If you don't see a hot blue spark, something is wrong. It
is not recommended to take a lead off a spark plug and hold it near the
engine to see if it sparks. That method usually involves a much larger gap
than the spark plug gap and can kill the ignition on an electronic system,
and it can result in very high voltage spikes on a point type system that
can jump inside the distributor cap and begin a carbon trail.

If you have a point type distributor, try popping the cap off and and
cleaning the point surfaces with a non-conductive abrasive. Very fine
sandpaper is good, try not to let any sand fall into the distributor and
clean any residue off the point surfaces before re-assembly. I have found
this can help a reluctant vehicle start after sitting for a long time. I
think the points get a non-conductive coating on them when not used for a
long time.

Another thing to check is to rotate the engine with the cap off and make
sure the points open and close. The actual gap is not that critical
just for starting purposes, but should definitely close well and open
completely. If the rubbing block is worn out, it might not be possible
to adjust the points to both open and close on cue. Examine the rotor and
inside the cap for carbon trails or breakage that might cause a
short. Make sure the coil secondary lead is securely into the top of the
distributor.

Hope this helps, I have experienced all these conditions at one time or
another and they can drive you mad.

Bill Huff