Re: [Chrysler300] American Hot Rod

The 300B at Coddington's belongs to Gary Meadors of the Goodguys.  It has
been at Boyd's for sometime now.  The original frame has been removed and is
now owned by someone else.  I don't know if they want it known so I will not
say who.

A tube type frame was built and originally I think a Viper engine was to be
installed.  Now I think the original 300B motor has been rebuilt and is
waiting to go back in.  This car I think came from the Phoenix area and had
a 3 speed manual trans although not original to the car.

Probably a year ago I went to one of his Saturday morning cruises at his
shop which is about 10 miles from my home.  Just by chance I was driving our
300B that day.  I arrived late and had to park way in the back.  As I could
find a spot I move the car to the front until I was parked on the front
line.  Boyd came over and looked at the car and his first comment was how he
could cut the steering wheel diameter down for a street rod set up.  Needles
to say I was not impressed with that statement.

At the end of the event they have drawings for a set of his wheels and other
items.  Also Boyd picks his favorite car at the event and it receives a One
Off Billet Award.  There were some exceptional street rods in attendance and
I was dumbfounded when he called my name for the award.  He did make some
very complimentary comments regarding our B.

Over the years we've won many trophies and awards for our cars and frankly
I'm not much into that. If my wife Christie is with me I'll ask her to go
and accept the award as I don't like the fanfare. To me the car is the
trophy and having the people enjoy seeing it is what makes me happy.  This
was one that I'm rather proud of so I do have it on display at my home.

John Lazenby
Southern California, just minutes from Disneyland
1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300
1956 Chrysler 300B
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe