[Chrysler300] 6 Volt Breakers

I have elected to install headlight relays from Marshall Larson in my
1955 C-300.  He was not able to find 6-Volt auto-resetting breakers in
the 15-20-Amp range but felt that another Club member might be or know
of a source for these.  I would rather use circuit breakers than fuses,
so if you know of an appropriate breaker, please let me know about it.

I'm not clear as to why a 12-Volt breaker won't work in a 6-Volt system,
but fire-by-wire is a little outside of my area of expertise.  Perhaps
automotive circuit breakers are Voltage and current sensitive.

My plan is to use one relay for high beams and one relay for low beams.
I will place one fuse or breaker  ahead of each relay.

Thanks in advance.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 CCC 6-Voltas

Rich
Thanks for your order.  I have not yet found 6V breakers but when I do I
will post to the list.

I believe that one of our members has a lighting business that includes
automotive applications.  I suggest that you post to the list for a
source and ask him to reply to the list.

I have designed these relays to be installed to control a single
function.  One relay for all high beam and one relay for all low beam.  I
estimate that each of the beams would use 1/2 of the total 90 watts.
That would calculate to 12.5 amps per relay which would require a minimum
of 15 amp. fuse.

Minnesota Marshall
Red G,  27 & 28 Dodge Brothers

Give the gift of life to a sick child.