[Chrysler300] 2005 300

So, I ran a golf tournament yesterday (Sat, 3/12) and Chrysler sponsored a giveaway car for a hole-in-one.   So, they delivered it Friday evening to the golf course, and I happened to be there tidying up a few loose ends.  We squared away all the details and then they tell me the car had to be garaged overnight.  So, of course I volunteer, telling them that I will put one of the Corvettes outside. (Happens to be the one that we attended the fall meet with in Maine, from Nevada).  So I took take the car home.  Oh, did I mention it was a 2005 300 Hemi C, white and loaded with 43 miles.  Sticker 35,340.  Dealer markup $4000, and another $1000 of 'protection'  for a total of $40,335.  And I guess this one was already sold.  Guess I will wait a bit.  Need one to sit beside our 1957 300C hemi.  I had to drive it back to the course in the morning;  fast but not overpowering, My '92 Vette with 300hp feels faster, but it's a lot lighter.  However I also drove a Crossfire with the supercharged
 engine.  When I told the salesman I wanted to check it out against my Vette he said 'go ahead'.  Definately faster than the '92, but can't touch my '63 with the 572" crate motor with 620hp.  Only one problem with the Crossfire - I don't fit in it.  My knees hit the steering wheel when I braked, and my head was at the headliner.  And I think it's ugly.  And it was $48K.  You can get a new C6 Vette for that.

Marty McDonough, 1957 300C, Pahrump, NV

'Thanks & Giving.'