[Chrysler300] gas gauge not working

  After trying several used tank sending units including one new unit, (Atwater Kent Mfg. 508-792-9500, mine was 51 bucks) I was positive my gas gauge was bad. Lucky for me I didn't locate a replacement gauge right away. I needed to drill a hole in the lower side of my C-300 dash to install a non-related item near the tripometer reset knob. This 7/16 hole just happened to hit two sections of my five section dash board. My gas gauge suddenly began to work. Although this problem drove me crazy, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that after repainting the dash with two coats of primer and at least four coats of finish color, I must have insulated some needed ground. Maybe this little story has nothing to do with your gas gauge problems, but it make you think about thinks we do in restoring our cars that can just drive you nuts. Hope this helps John Peabody

Give the gift of life to a sick child.