[Chrysler300] The great HEMI should be running

[Chrysler300] The great HEMI should be running

Dear group,

Open to advice and suggestions on what to do.  Both me and a fellow club member Sven experience a problem when running the 300 C in a traffic jam.  Cars behave like would be starving for fuel.  If running on the freeway again the problem disappears directly and one could go on for hours without problems.  Temp meter is not showing any extremes when the, as we see it, fuel related problem occurs.  At this time of year we haven´t even got summer temperatures over here so it will just go worse.

Sven´s car is running on completely rebuilt all original dual carb set up on the 392 HEMI  but mine is still on the modern Edelbrock all alu dual carbs but problem is similar.   Svens car has the glass bowl filters in place so we can tell the fuel is there and the pump is Ok, but the car still is not working properly.

What to check?   We are both using new sealing inbetween the cast iron manifold and the carbs from regular re-building kits.  Any experience if this is enough or if the old ones (asbestos content?) is a must?  How to check if the manifold gets proper cooling?    Anyone experienced over pressure situation inside the float chamber of the carbs that would block the fuel passage due to the complete carb is getting too hot?

Best regards

Ulf and Sven in Sweden

'Thanks & Giving.'