[Chrysler300] thompson power steering pump 57 or 58

[Chrysler300] thompson power steering pump 57 or 58

Two questions:

I'm putting it back together and I don't remember, and the manual isn't clear about, which way the slippers are to be installed.  'The choices, as I see it, are with the cut-out on the 4 slippers facing or not facing the rotation of the pump.  Another way of saying it is, if the pump turns clockwise are the slippers installed with the cut out facing clockwise?

end play on the shaft after everything is put back together is about .040".  I can't find anything that talks about this, but I don't remember any shaft end-play when I took it apart 6 months ago, as if I can remember anything from 6 months ago.  Any thoughts on either?

Zak

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0xaSZB/UOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM