Re: [Chrysler300] bills 62 chrysler is a hardtop

Re: [Chrysler300] bills 62 chrysler is a hardtop

Decklids on the 62s were prone to rust through where the understructure was bonded to the lid itself, with small amounts of filler type material.  Those small "dollops" apparently absorbed moisture and held it against the lid, causing them to rust through in small spots over the lid.  Even in California, these lids are hard to find without this rust.  I found one once in Memory Lane in Los Angeles, but it was a lucky find.  Two others in the yard had the rust I referred to.  I would expect humid climates to be even worse.  They can probably be found, but you need to be careful about what you are getting, as this rust isn't obvious sometimes.  But then, it could probably be repaired reasonably as well too.  Good luck.
Steve Albu
---- Bill Leahy <bleahy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sorry, i did not mention that my 1962 300 sport is a hardtop.
>
> and that is the car that i am looking for a rust free trunk lid for.
>
> i understand that these cars have the same trunk lid as the 62 chrysler.
> 1961 Dodge Dart, Phoenix, Polara
>
> bill...in sunny kennewick washington (sort of like california without
> the smog and people)

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
> Yahoo! Groups Links