Re: [Chrysler300] '61 G driver power window motor. Any out there!?

Re: [Chrysler300] '61 G driver power window motor. Any out there!?

Hi Brandt;
Both emails went thru.

FIRST: BEFORE REMOVING THE MOTOR FROM THE WINDOW ASSY, CLAMP THE SPRING
LOADED ARM TO THE FRAME WITH A GOOD PAIR OF VICE-GRIPS AND PUT BOLTS IN
THE HOLES IN THE ASSY (AS A SAFETY) TO PREVENT THE ARM FROM VIOLENTLY
AND RAPIDLY MOVING. IT CAN KILL!!  LOCK IT DOWN!	I literally have a
visible dent in my forehead from just this. And I knew better! I was
working on my '65 Chrysler 300L. Fortunately I was holding the frame in
my hand while I pulled the motor off and when the arm hit my noggin,
the frame flew out of my hand. If it had been in a vice, it would have
split  my skull or worse.

  These are "use it or lose it" items. Usually you use only the drivers
window and never the rear ones. but you should use them weekly to keep
them alive.
Marshall is correct. The Commutator (Copper) segments end up with
corrosion on them and the brushes cant get current thru to run the
motor. Use a broken Hacksaw blade to clean the slot between the
Commutator (Copper) segments. Just clean it out and cut down about
1/16" into the slot. Use fine sandpaper on the Copper segments to clean
them.
Also check the gear, usually plastic, they wear out or strip. This is
usually the only thing that goes bad, other than brushes wearing out.
You can get metal gears but it's been to long for me to remember where.
Some motors had them.

Ray
Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.

On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:47 AM, Brandt Jimerson wrote:

> Hello everyone! I had just sent an email but it didn't go through so I
> hope I'm not now sending two. Anyway, Looks like I'm going to need
> that pwr. window? motor (driver) after all. To ensure proper setup,
> the #s on the trans. brackett (not sure about correct terminology), is
> H-12101. It is for a '61 (other years may work too but I'm not exactly
> sure which ones). Thank you TONS in advance!!? 300ly, Brandt H. J. w/
> a G. in San Diego area, California.

Yahoo! Groups Links