Re: [Chrysler300] help Joe out

> The car is a '62 300 Sport convertible; it is using the original
single-reservoir mater cylinder. Up front, the brakes have been changed to
1964/1964 Bendix-type drum brakes from a 64 300  (that should not matter) .
Other than that, everything is stock.

> First time Joe lost his brakes, he was driving in heavy traffic on a hot
day, coming back from a show.  When he called me and described what happened
(pedal first got hard, then disappeared entirely, went right to the floor) ,
I (wrongly) assumed it was a bad master cylinder and told him to change it.
Which he did.
  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Very lean running or retarded timing and exceptionally hot exhaust manifold?
Exhaust manifold is only thing in the neighborhood that gets hot enough
would seem? Does car eat valve cover gaskets also? Master on my 383 Dodge
pickup sits over the exhaust manifold and gets real hot but I have never
lost  the brakes . . ..

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

Yahoo! Groups Links