[Chrysler300] Gettin' Close on the "G"

Hi Group,

The 61 G HT is getting close to being on the Road........

Need some help with a few final details.

1.   What direction does the rotor turn in the distributor. ( clockwise or counter-clockwise )
      The wiring diagram in the shop manual looks like the wires coming from the cap would indicate
      that the rotor turns counter-clockwise.

2.   Automatic transmission fluid---  61  cast iron --       Is it best to use  Type F ATF?
      I know this has been discussed by the club in the past but just asking because it's time to fill the trans.

      How many quarts for the Trans and torque converter?     Everything empty now.

      Any brands to recommend or to stay away from for the ATF?

      Someone had mentioned earlier that type F ATF was not easy to find on the shelf at parts houses.

      We have most of the Parts Houses and Farm Equipment dealers here,  or they can order type F for me.

Thanks to the 300 Group.
Really enjoy the Email Posts.

Lauren R Lampi
300 G HT    Still under construction, but getting closer.
Grand Rapids, Minnesota

Yahoo! Groups Links