[Chrysler300] Re: Help Joe out

I experienced the same problem that Joe did, under the same conditions.  I
was driving to Carlisle on a very hot day when we were directed to exit the PA
Turnpike due to an accident between interchanges.  Traffic was backed up and
just barely creeping along.  As I exited on the ramp, I discovered that I had no
brakes.  I was able to pull the car off to the side of the ramp.   Since all
of the brakes had just been completely rebuilt, I was puzzled as to what had
caused the problem.  I used the emergency brake to get stopped.  After thinking
about the situation, I concluded that the brake fluid had boiled and,
therefore, wasn't operating.  I could not touch the master cylinder without using
gloves.  I decided to wait about a half hour for the engine to cool and then had
some brake.  I then pulled off the ramp and stopped at a restaurant for lunch
and to let the engine cool even more.  After lunch everything was okay and I
finished the trip without incident.  When I reached home, after the show, I
rebuilt the master cylinder, blew out the brake lines, and replaced the brake
fluid with synthetic brake fluid.  I've had no problems since, although I have
found myself in the same weather conditions.  My car does tend to overheat
easily when it is very hot and I have to drive slowly or stop in a lineup.  I then
have trouble with the radiator overheating but I have never had another
problem with the brakes under  those conditions.  Hope this helps.

Jim Eckert

Yahoo! Groups Links