From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Michael Reed
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:07 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] A/C Question

I believe the A/C pump on my "F" was rebuilt in 1978. My best
recollection of the period 1979-1982 was that the A/C worked fine. The
car was in a museum from 1983-2004.

I'm reluctant to try the A/C, as there is a (good?) chance there is no
Freon left in the system, and running it could be harmful to the pump.

A local fellow has 2 lbs. of R12, but estimates it would take about
3.5 lbs. to charge the system if it indeed is empty. So I have two
questions:

1) -- is the original system convertible to R-134? Are conversion kits
for this pump/system available? Are there other options for converting
the system to R-134?

2) -- are there source(s) for a few of pounds of R12?

Any help on this would be most appreciated....

Mike in "air-conditioning-needed" Lake Odessa, Michigan

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links